As an entrepreneur, I am constantly on the move. It’s tough, but rewarding because I get to see so many different places. I also had the latest technology in everything, from my phone to my computer. The only thing I needed was a way to control my home’s temperature. I would sometimes get home at 12 pm and step into an icy home. My home’s heater system is great but it does take a while for my home to become nice and cozy and I would end up missing out on valuable sleep while I struggled to get my body warm enough to fall asleep. I finally decided to get a WiFi thermostat when I went away on a week long business trip only to realize that I had left my heaters on during the entire trip. My electric bill was sky high! The WiFi thermostat has transformed my life from an expensive struggle to an easy going comfort.
What exactly is a WiFi thermostat?
The best thermostats are a simple but modern device that replaces your old manual thermostat in your home. The new thermostats are available in fun colors and have a digital monitor that suits my modern styled home fantastically. Once installed, you simply download the app and you can then change the temperature settings of your home on the thermostat itself or connect to your WiFi and alter the temperatures with the help of a smart device or a computer.
How the Thermostat is making life simpler
The best smart thermostats are available in a great and fun design and are much easier to use than those older manual systems that are so difficult to get the right settings. Just a few clicks and twirls and you can have the correct settings for all your climate controlling needs. With my new thermostat, I was finally able to do the following;
- I could switch my home’s heater off when I was on business trips or whenever I forgot to do so after a late night. I simply log onto my app and change the settings and my thermostat will be off even if I am in a foreign country
- After a late night at the office, I can warm my home while I am on my way from work
- The temperature is now regulated throughout the night so I can sleep much better
- If I happen to get off from work early, I can also start cooling or heating my home before I get there
- I don’t have to make a memo or set an alarm to switch my systems off
- I don’t have to rely on automatic timers for my home’s temperature because these are often ineffective when I am constantly on the move or have to attend late meetings
- When my parents came over to visit, I could change the temperatures for them and they did not have to struggle with that silly manual thermostat
What do the WiFi thermostats look like?
To be honest, they look a lot better than the older thermostats. There are a lot of different brands, models and shapes that you can choose from. The best way to get the right thermostat for your home is to check out some smart thermostat reviews. The reviews have a list of all the top rated thermostat and will give you good insights on all the pros and cons of each model. A smart thermostat review can guide you towards the most suitable thermostat for your home with all the functionality that your unique situation requires.
Is it easy to install?
If you are like me, then you probably don’t like it if strangers are entering your home. A lot of robberies are usually done by people who gained access to your home to check out your security systems. The best thermostats can be installed on the same wiring as any old thermostat because they use the same basic principles. I installed the thermostat myself, downloaded the app myself and learned how to control my home’s temperature myself and all this was accomplished straightforward and easily.
The best thermostats also have automatic features such as the Nest’s auto away feature that automatically switches your home’s thermostat off if you don’t walk past it within two hours. The auto away function also has a memory that will restart your home’s thermostat on the days that you come home early. Other automatic features cools and heat’s your home’s temperatures on its own to help regulate your home in changing weather conditions. The best smart thermostats auto features can also be switched off if you are worried that these automatic features are not suitable for you.
With all WiFi devices, security is always a major concern because if internet hackers can get a hold of some private settings but luckily the best thermostats are completely secure. They are also a much safer solution for those with kids and elderly people because you can lock the screen and prevent anyone from altering your settings.
The app is easy to use
All WiFi thermostats work with an app or a computer connection. The apps are incredibly simple to install because you can simply download it from the webpage. Once the app is installed, it will only take you a few minutes to control the settings. With your app you can;
- Control energy consumption for a lower energy bill
- Create a schedule that works for you and switches off and on automatically during the times you usually come home
- Create manual settings that give you complete control over your heaters and coolers
If the WiFi thermostat can make my life easier, it is sure to make your life much easier as well. These fantastic devices work great in modern and more vintage homes and can provide great flexibility for the smallest to the largest home. It is definitely the best home controlling device when it comes to efficiency and money saving.