The Ecobee 4 Wifi Thermostat is one of the most intuitive and technologically advanced thermostats on the market. Rather than relying on a hallway thermostat to control the temperature of your entire home, this thermostat allows you to adjust and perfect the settings of any room.
Emerson Sensi Touch Wi-Fi Thermostat
4 x 1 x 4 inches
This product offers several highlighted features including:
Rather than relying on one strategically placed thermostat, room sensors placed in favorite rooms can control hot and cold spots to maximize comfort in the home.
The standard Ecobee 4 comes with one room sensor, but more can be purchased and placed throughout the home for more precision, savings, and comfort.
- Ecobee 4 thermostat has Alexa Voice Service from Amazon built into it. This means that you can use your thermostat to get answers, instructions, or directions and take notes hands-free.
- The microphone has far-field voice recognition, so you can ask questions and give commands from across the room.
- The thermostat speaker is also high-quality and can not only be heard from far away, but it also plays music with full sound for the best ambience.
- Both the speaker volume and the microphone can be controlled and adjusted to suit any user’s needs.
- The features of this thermostat can also help people save over 20% on energy bills. Room occupancy sensors can enable the thermostat to go into savings mode, automatically switching to energy efficient settings when no one is home.
- The Ecobee 4 also provides free thermostat reports to show you how much you saved using its smart technology.
- Mobile apps connecting to this thermostat can be downloaded for Android and iOS devices, enabling the user to control the settings from a distance.
- Users can adjust the temperature and settings using the app, and they can also set up vacation plans and control the thermostat speaker and microphone.
Many Ecobee 4 users are satisfied customers with positive things to say about this product. In fact, this thermostat has an overwhelming number of good reviews on a multitude of online platforms.
However, not everyone is complaint-free when it comes to the functionality or performance of the Ecobee 4. In addition to praising this product, reviewers also offer words of caution to prospective buyers.
Here are some takeaways from real customer reviews to give you an idea of what using the Ecobee 4 is like.
Some users also loved that they could easily reference recipes and set timers from their kitchens. Other users were unhappy with the set up process and found the customer service team to be rude and unhelpful.
While some were happy with the added Alexa service, existing Echo users were upset with the thermostat's failure to integrate into the system.
Setting Up the Ecobee 4
These thermostats are hardwired and can be easily set up by the user. The user must first check their compatibility by identifying the wires used in their current thermostat to help them set up the new thermostat faster. It’s important to note that customers using high voltage systems cannot use the Ecobee 4.
Users can also get certified professional installers in their area to perform the installation.
The company connects users with installers in the United States and Canada. However, Ecobee does not cover the cost, and the user must pay for the professional installation separately.
Detailed troubleshooting instructions can be found on the Ecobee website, including instructions regarding occupancy sensors, WiFi connection, mobile app login, power issues, rebooting, and more.
Users can also call the customer support line for live help from a technician or Ecobee team member seven days a week.